Our client recently purchased the land and inherited the tank during the purchase. They want to redevelop the land and so wanted the tank removed.
What we did
- The first step was to extract all the oil that resided in the tank. You cannot decommission or remove a tank whilst oil or another chemical is still present. We extract oil and chemicals using our specialist fuel extraction technology.
- Once the tank was empty and free of any chemicals, we thoroughly clean it.
- After the empty oil tank had been cleaned, we began to cut it into sections for easy removal.
- BCJ then removed all remnants of the tank from the property including all left over pipework, leaving the area free for the client to do as they wish.
- We then ensured the safe and legal disposal of both the tank and the remaining oil.
Bio Clean Jetting abide by all laws and legislation regarding the environment. We are also ISO 14001 registered (read more here). Please ensure that any company you employ to either clean or remove tanks have the same policies and accreditation’s to avoid any legal ramifications.
Have questions about our services? Please head over to our FAQs section.
Find out more about our tank decommissioning Services.