Confined space rscue
We have a team of highly qualified and trained specialists. We are ready to deal with any potentially dangerous situations that may result in or require a confined space rescue team. Here’s what we provide.
- Expensive, specialist rescue equipment provided by us.
- Equipment that can detect gas
- Full Immobilization equipment.
- Protection for respiration.
- Specialist confined space access equipment.
- Rescue stretchers.
- Distress signal units for anyone entering the confined space.
- Full radio Communication for anyone inside.
We will also provide any other equipment required. Requirements will be identified in the thorough risk assessment that we carry out at the very start of the project.
What does a confined space rescue team provide?
A confined space rescue team is a service team. It is made up of a minimum of three members of crew. One crew member will head the rescue team and be “top man” or “captain”. The two remaining members will be the persons that will enter the confined space area to perform a rescue – if required.
A three man rescue team is the standard size for a confined space rescue team. This can change however depending on the size of the area that needs to be covered and the number of personal that will be working in the confined space. A larger rescue team can be provided if required. The size of the rescue team needed will be clearly identified in our detailed risk assessment.
When would you need a confined space rescue team?
If you are working in an environment that is a confined space with high risk is the short answer. When working in an environment like that it is important to undertake a risk assessment so that any requirements are highlighted.
If you are unsure as to whether or not a a confined space rescue team is required, then we can carry out a risk assessment of the site to determine this.
What role does a confined space rescue team play?
- A confined space rescue team will issue a method statement, safe system of work and a rescue plan.
- We will inspect the confined space immediately prior to any works commencing. This is to establish that we work in strict accordance to the risk assessment, method statement, safety systems of work and rescue plan and ensure that they are all valid and true.
- Bio clean jetting will provide all personnel to be entering/working in the confined space with a tool box and communications device.
- Our team will check that all personal to be entering/working in the confined space are trained and certified to the highest level.
- We will check all equipment to be used. We will certify all equipment is in safe working order.
- Our confined space rescue team will monitor the atmospheric stability of the confined space. We will advise if additional precautions should (or indeed need to be) be taken. In some cases if works should be stopped.
- Should the need arise for the team to perform a rescue then the rescue plan will be followed and a rescue will be performed.
For more information please contact us.