Over time organisms form slime and bugs in diesel fuels. This is especially common in fuel storage tanks where diesel is left to sit for long periods of time. Common fuel storage tank that require cleaning:
- Generator tanks. When the lights and electric go out, these generators kick in to ensure business continues as usual. However, if you haven’t had your fuel polished, the aforementioned bugs may stop the fuel and generator from working properly. All major banks, retail premises and supermarkets etc will have generator fuel storage tanks.
- Diesel bug is common in boats fuel tanks because of the long periods boats are moored for – whether they are on the canals, open sea or a marina. If tanks are half full – diesel is left to sit and the moisture from the air turns into water – causing sediment build up.
- Distribution and logistic centres. Many of these centres have supplied of their own fuel so that they can fill up their fleet of transport. Sediments can damage the internal workings and engines of these vehicles.
- Reserve fuel tanks. These are fuel storage tanks that are holding reserves, so a lot of the time the fuel has sat there for extended periods of time, allowing sludge and sediments to build up.
BCJ have been providing fuel polishing services to both the commercial and domestic sectors for many years.
We offer our fuel polishing services nationwide.
Diesel bugs are common in our atmosphere – they’re essentially all around us. Like all living organisms they require water to exist and live. Diesel bug will find it’s way into your diesel tank (or any storage tank), because if your tank isn’t full, it has some air, all air contains water vapours. These vapours condense and as a result, they form water droplets.
These droplets will drop into your diesel and sink because water is heavier than diesel – it then builds up!
These sediments and debris can cause several consequences including:
- Reduced power and misfiring of your equipment
- Blocked fuel filters resulting in frequent costly replacements and repairs
- Wear and tear on moving parts and gaskets etc
- Your backup generator may not work properly when you need it to in the event of a power cut resulting in lost business and down time
Do I need your fuel polishing services?
We use expensive and specialist fuel polishing equipment. Our equipment will remove the contents of your storage fuel tank using very fine filters. These filters will separate any dirt and microbes. Once the fuel is purified, and your storage tank is cleaned, we put the polished fuel back in-to your tank.
Your fuel is polished in this three phase process:
- The first stage: First we draw your diesel out of the fuel tank. Our equipment will spin off large solids (dirt, microbes and rust). These are heavier than diesel and drop to the bottom of the collection bowl.
- Second stage: Smaller water droplets will appear at the top surface of our filter. When heavy enough, they will also drop to the bottom of the collection bowl.
- Final stage:: This is the filtration stage. The filters will repel water, remove the contaminants and thus your fuel is separated and cleaned!
Having a build up of sludge, your tanks rust and other bugs and dirt in your fuel is never good.
Our fuel polishing and cleaning systems are of the highest quality. We polish fuel to ensure that all bugs are removed, removing even the tiniest amounts of dirt and bugs.
We use powerful equipment with fine filters and high pressure pumps – these are the 2 main components that guarantee a successful fuel polish. Have a filter that’s too big and bugs remain, have a pump that isn’t very powerful and fuel cleaning and diesel bug removal will take an incredibly long time.
There is much more science behind the scenes, that we are more than happy to explain. Contact us here.
We guarantee not to lose any of your fuel. We will polish, clean, filter and return every drop of fuel. We have worked on some of the largest fuel tanks in the country.